As consumers, we have the right to:
- goods and services to meet our basic needs, including food, clothing and shelter.
- protection against goods or services that are harmful to oursleves and our families.
- facts and information to help you choose the best product.
- opportunities to get the knowledge and skills we need to be an informed consumers.
- a good variety of quality products and services.
- a role in making government policies for the marketplace.
- a fair settlement when you receive unsatisfactory goods and services.
- a healthy environment now and in the future.
As consumers, we also have responsibilitles:
- help encourage and defend the interests of all consumers.
- search out and use available information.
- read instructions and take precautions.
- make our own informed consumer choices.
- take advantage of educational opportunities.
- consider the environment before making a purchase.
- make our concerns and opinions known.
- insist on a fair and reasonable settlement.
- read labels, follow instructions, and research before you purchase.
- use equipment safely, following product instructions, and teach safety habits to children.
- complain effectively and refuse to accept shoddy workmanship.
- comparison shop, whenver possible.
- reduce waste, reuse products wherever possible and recycle.